Periodic Table Trends
1) Describe what Coulombic force (both attractive & repelsion) and the two major factors that affect the strength of the Coulombic Force (charge on the nucleus & electron).
2) Give and explain the trends for Coulombic force (CF) as you go down a Group and across a Period.
3) Give and explain the trend for Atomic radii/size (AR) as you go down a Group and across a Period.
4) Define Ionization Energy (IE) and give the trends for IE as you go down a Group and across a Period. Be able to explain the trend using C.F.(not Shielding effect). Also, state the two Exceptions for Period 2 & 3 (2 for each period).
5) Define Electronegativity (EN) and state(including why using C.F.)the general trends as you go down a Group and across a Period.
6) State and explain why (using other trends)the trends for Metallic Characteristics as you go down a Group and across a Period.
7) Explain how the ionic radius compares to the atomic radius for Metals and then for Non-metals. 'DO NOT usually explain general trends across Period'. Down a Group is same as Atomic radii.
1) Understand the Mole concept as a grouping method that allows chemists to mass out (Massing), count (number of base unit/particles) and/or to obtain the volume (for gases only @STP) of substance that one could not mass/count/volume individually.
2) Correctly set-up and calculate One Step Mole Calculation Problems (mass for elements) using the class rule and the sig fig rules.
3) Be able to explain what a chemical formula is, its different types and how it used in determining the molar mass of a substance.
Be able to use molar mass in One Step Mole Calculations for massing compounds.