ChemistryWiki | RecentChanges | Preferences
Here are a few non-Math problems/questions on topics covered during 2021-2022 Chem328 class and possibly be on the Final Exam.
Answer in the space provided (or on separate sheet of paper).
1) Give the following for the isotope, C-14:
a) # of protons, neutrons and electrons
b) Mass number
c) Atomic number
d) Atomic mass of that type of element(look at Periodic table, using our class rules for determining atomic mass)
e) What row and block (include # of column in block) that element type is located in Periodic Table
f) energy level & subenergy level and # of electrons in each subenergy for valence electrons
g) total number of valence electrons
2) As you do down a group, the Ionization energy (IE) Decreases, increase, stay same, or no set trend (circle correct answer).
3) As you go across the Period (Row of Periodic table), the Atomic radii/size (AR), Decrease, increase, stay same, or no set trend (circle correct answer).
4) What 2 factors determine the Coulombic force (CF) of an element and . Which element has LOWEST CF on Periodic Table.
5) What scientist indicated that the electrons are in energy levels and atomic model was the "Planetary Model"?
6) What scientist "discovered" and named the electron?
7) After Dalton, the Conservation of Mass can be expanded to two more Conservation Laws. What are they? (FYI, they are still considered part of Conservation of Mass but it is looking at a different parameter than mass).
8) What is the difference between heat and temperature?
9). What is the SI (metric) prefix for 1/100 ? and what is SI basic unit of mass?
10) Can a qualitative observation have significant figures? Yes or No. What is the definition of Significant figures (when you are determining them)?
11) What is the difference between accuracy and precision?
12) Is the frequency of light/ directly or indirectly proportional to Energy? Wavelength?
13) For reactant to become products, you must have an Effective collision (EC). What are the two conditions to have an Effective Collision?
14) Can you have a chemical reaction with no net energy change between energy of reactant and energy of products? What is an endothermic reaction and exothermic reaction with respect to energy?
15) Define Kinetic Molecular Theory. What are different types of particles (base units)?
16) What is the bond polarity in, LDS structure (use 2 sentence explanation done in class), Molecular geometry, molecular polarity and IMF name for the following substances: