First indicate if the compound is a Molecular compound (cpd) (MC), Ionic Cpd (IC) or Acid (A) and then give the correct chemical name/formula for the following:
1) Dinitrogen pentachloride
3) Calcium chlorite
4) Sulfurous acid
Part 2: Answer the following question with a clear concise answer.
1) Give the 3 types of the Localized Electron Theory and what they are used for.
2) Using your Electronegativity table, if C and P element get close enough to have their valence electrons interact, what is the Electronegativity difference (ΔEN)and is it a covalent or ionic bond?
3) Double bonds have longer bond length and less bond energy that single bonds, Yes or No? What causes these physical traits? Explain.
4) Using your Electronegativity table, if Na and O elements get close enough to have their valence electrons to interact, what is the Electronegativity difference (ΔEN)and is it a covalent or ionic bond?
5) What two conditions must be met for a Lewis Dot Structure (LDS) have Resonance.
6) State the Rule of Eight (or Octet Rule):