ChemistryWiki | RecentChanges | Preferences
1. What is the pressure (in atm) of a balloon filled with carbon dioxide gas if the gas occupies 507ml, at a temperature of 102degC, and there are 23.5g of carbon dioxide?
2. A gas in a frictionless piston occupies 21.5 ml at a temperature of 45.6degC. What is the new volume of the gas if the temperature increases to 99.4degC?
3. A gas occupies a volume of 12.35L and has a pressure of 37.5psi. If the temperature is held constant, what is the new pressure if the volume is decreased to 7.34L?
4. A gas mixture consists of nitrogen dioxide gas, ammonia gas and chlorine gas. What is the total pressure (in atm) of the gas mixture if each gases partial pressures are 34.5psi, 921mmHg, and 478kPa, respectively?
5. A gas occupies a volume of 823ml at a temperature of 252degC and the pressure is 47.0psi. What is the new temperature (in K) if the pressure is increased to 637kPa and the volume decreases to 623ml?
6. How many times faster (or slower) is ammonia gas compared to nitrogen dioxide gas?
7. What is the volume of a gas that is at a temperature of 95.1degC, a pressure of 23.4ft H2O, and contains 3.24mole of the gas?
8. A gas exerts a pressure of 21.3psi at a temperature of 54.6degC. If the pressure increases to 53.1psi, what is the new temperature of the gas?
9. Carbon dioxide gas is collected under water in an inverted test tube. The total pressure in the test tube was found to be 345mmHg and the vapor pressure of the water at its water temperature was 210mmHg. What is the partial pressure of the carbon dioxide gas?
10. A gas occupies a volume of 145ml at a temperature of 28.5degC and pressure of 22.6psi. What is the new volume if the temperature decreases to 18.3degC and the pressure is increased to 54.2psi?