ChemistryWiki | Answers To Another Review HW For Acid | RecentChanges | Preferences
1. C1Cl4, non-electrolyte
2. Nitric acid, strong acid/electrolyte
3. Ba1(OH)2, strong base/electrolyte
4. H2SO3, weak acid/electrolyte
5. Carbonic acid, weak acid/electrolyte
6a. pH = 0.301
6b. [OH1-] = 2.00E-14M
7a. 1 Ba1(OH)2 (aq) + 2 HCl (aq) --> 2 H2O1 (l) + 1 Ba1Cl2 (aq)
8. pH = 7.00, pH of Equivalence point of solution = Endpoint (a pH) of the ph indicator since indicator changes color at endpoint.
10a. A weak base and the salt of its conjugate acid (i.e. ammonia and ammonium chloride)
10b. It does not change pH significantly when strong acid/strong base is added. It contains a substance that reacts with H1+ instead of OH1- and a substance that reacts with the OH1- instead of the H1+.