3) In the Decomposition reaction, you produced Copper (II) oxide ( Cu1O1).
a) What phase/state of matter (s,l,g,aq) is it ?
b) What color was it ?
4) In the Synthesis section, you exposed Cu to oxygen in air. What was the chemical formula of the product?
5) In the Single Replacement section, what color was the Copper (II) chloride solution before you added the Zinc to it?
6) In the Single Replacement section, what was the chemical formula of Hydrochloric acid solution?
7) In the Single Replacement section, what gas did you produce when you added Zinc to Hydrochloric acid solution? Name: ________________Chemical formula:____________
8) From your knowledge of Double replacement reaction and your lab observations, what observation did you made that indicated that Double replacement with Calcium chloride solution occurred?
9) There are 5 types of chemical reactions at your level of chemistry (Synthesis, Decomposition, Single Replacement, Double Replacement, Combustion). Which of the above 5, did we NOT do a chemical reaction for in this lab?
10) In the space below, can you write your balance chemical reaction/equation (including phases) for Part II Question 3.