1. Understand the meaning of the subscript in the chemical formula of an ionic cpd and molecular cpd.
2. Calculate Percent Composition problems.
3. Understand the difference between an Empirical Formula (EF) and Molecular Formula (MF) and how it relates to the subscripts of the chemical formula.
4. Calculate EFand MF. This include determining EF from mass data, percent composition info, and MF from mass data, percent composition and EF data.
5. Correctly set-up and calculate One Step or Two Step Mole Calculation Problems using the Mole Wheel including molar mass calculation and solution chemistry (using Molarity to find moles of solute).
6. Memorize the seven (7) diatomic elements (H2,N2,O2,F2,Cl2,Br2, and I2). Also, their phases.
7. Write the chemical name from the chemical formula (or visa versa) for all compounds (molecular, ionic or acids) including: