Chemistry 2 Wiki | RecentChanges | Preferences
Measuring Your Folder
- Obtain a ruler, a manilla folder, and a periodic table
- Using the ruler, measure the length and width of the folder (Use the longest measurement except do not excluding the tab)
- Record the length and width in the data table below.
- Calculate the perimeter of the folder. Perimeter is the sum of all four sides of the folder.
- Calculate the area of the folder. Area = (Length)(Width).
Length of Folder:
Width of Folder:
Calculation (show all work here)
Perimeter of Folder:
Area of Folder:
To have a company decorate the folder, it cost $1.25/cm3. What is the cost if all of one side of the folder is decorated?