ApchemWiki | RecentChanges | Preferences
For 2019-2020 Year, Chapter 12 in Zumdahl. Objectives almost line-up exactly how Zumdahl presents the topics.
Topic 5.1 Reaction Rates
- Explain the relationship between the rate of a chemical reaction and experimental parameters.
Topic 5.2 Introduction to Rate Law
- Represent experimental data with a consistent rate law expression.
Topic 5.3 Concentration Changes Over Time
- Identify the rate law expression of a chemical reaction using data that show how the concentrations of reaction species change over time.
Topic 5.4 Elementary reactions
- Represent an elementary reaction as a rate law expression using stoichiometry.
Topic 5.5 Collision Model
- Explain the relationship between the rate of an elementary reaction and the frequency, energy, and orientation of molecular collisions.
Topic 5.6 Reaction Energy Profile
- Represent the activation energy and overall energy change in an elementary reaction using a reaction energy profile.
Topic 5.7 Introduction to Reaction Mechanisms
- Identify the components of a reaction mechanism.
- Collection of Data pertaining to detection of a reaction intermediate WILL NOT be assessed on the AP Exam.
Topic 5.8 Reaction Mechanism and Rate Law
- Identify the rate law for a reaction from a mechanism in which the first step is rate limiting.
Topic 5.9 Steady-State Approximation
- Identify the rate law for a reaction from a mechanism in which the first step is not rate limiting.
Topic 5.10 Multistep Reaction Energy Profile
- Represent the activation energy and overall energy change in a multistep reaction with a reaction energy profile.
Topic 5.11 Catalysis
- Explain the relationship between the effect of a catalyst on a reaction and changes in the reaction mechanism.