2. Explain the collision theory including the two factors for an effective collision (i.e. correct orientation and energy (activation energy, Eac or greater).
3. Using the collision theory and the Kinetic Molecular Theory, explain reaction mechanism including determining rate limiting/determining steps, which species is a catalyst/intermediate, and the
relationship between the number of reactant particles and the rate of the reaction. (i.e. making products).
4. Using the Kinetic Energy graph, explain the factors for increasing the rate of reaction including temperature, concentration (including surface area that is just changing concentration of solid), and addition of catalyst. Need to explain thru effective collisions.
5. Draw a Potential Energy diagram for both an exothermic and endothermic reaction and identify the heat of reaction, potential energy of product/reactant/activated complex/activation energy. Student need to define the role of activation energy and activated complex in reacting reactants into products (e.g. ball rolling over hill).
6. Change the above Potential Energy diagram for the addition of the catalysts and how it affect the rate of reaction.