Back to Mr. McLeod Homepage
Duxbury National Honor Society Homepage
Advisor - Mr. McLeod & Mr. McWilliam, Rm236
All email correspondence for Duxbury NHS should be directed to email@example.com.
To reach officers please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are planning on missing a meeting please email the date and reason to email@example.com
Handouts and other information for NHS will be located in the Main office, bulletin board on the outside wall of the Teacher mail area.
11/18 (wed), 12/9 (wed), 1/11 (mon), 1/25 (mon), Wed & Thurs 2/10-11 (Carnation prep), 3/1 (mon), 3/29 (mon), 4/28 (wed)
2009 - 2010 Officers
- Other Important Dates
- Wed 1/27 - all service hours to officers (letter to member's parent who have not done 10hrs by that date)
- Mon 5/30 - last day you can give service hours to officer (remember need 20hrs total by this date to graduate in honor society)
- President - Ben Potash
- Vice President - Jill Smith - (Natalie Aldrich to Margaret Cornelius)
- Treasurer - Greg Auda - (Marc Cote to Samuel Habgood)
- Tutor Chairperson - Elisabeth O'Toole -(Lila Haffey to Paige Locke)
- Recording Secretary - Toni Holland - (Gregory Loreaux to Andria Ronne)
- Publicity Secretary - Matt Scorza - (Buzz Ryan to Makar Zaverucha)
Current Member (2009-2010)
General Meeting Oct 28
General Meeting Nov 18
General Meeting Dec 9
General Meeting Jan 25
Service Hour Forms
click here for copy of forms Service Hour Forms
Duxbury National Honor Society is a SENIOR Organization ONLY
To be accepted into Duxbury National Honor Society (NHS), incoming seniors need to demonstrate the qualities of character, leadership, academics and service. An incoming senior needs to have a GPA of 3.25 or greater to be asked to complete an application package. This package is completed by the candidate, returned to NHS and the Faculty Council determines if the candidate fulfills all the qualities of NHS. Candidates that demonstrate these qualities are invited into the Duxbury NHS.
Due to issues with the new computer system, letters requesting application information (along with the application package) will not be sent to appropriate incoming seniors until July 2008.
If you have any questions about GPA, please contact Duxbury High School guidance department. NHS does not deal with the calculation of GPAs.
Duxbury School Homepage
Mr. McLeod's Homepage
2007 - 2008
2008 - 2009
- Fill out Tutoring Forms, Get tutors for student, after school tutoring for middle school, set-up paperwork for guidance area
- Nov 21 Senior Yard Clean up
- Duxbury Art Ass Annual Craft Show
- Fri Nov 20 3-5pm, 6 students to help people unload stuff
- Sat Nov 21 11-1pm 2 students to help with lunches
- Sun Nov 22 11-1pm 2 students to help with lunches
- Sun Nov 22 4-6pm 6 student to help loading stuff into car
- Chandler Holiday Fair Dec 5 9am - 1pm
- Various students help with do photo with Santa, bake sale table, making crafts, playing games, admission, and raffle ticket table
- Interfaith Council giving of food at Turkey day
- Babysitting service day??
- Father Bill December day