ApchemWiki | RecentChanges | Preferences
No diff available--this is the first major revision.
(no other diffs)
For 2019-2020 Year, Chapter 8 and Chapter 9 in Zumdahl (this is one we were finishing before we went to Remote Learning).
- Topic 3.1 Intermolecular Forces
- Be able to understand Intermolecular Forces (IMF) for the different types of substances ( ionic compounds, polar and non-polar molecules). Remember that all substance have London Dispersion Forces (LDF) due to the fact that electrons are in constant motion causing "Instantaneous dipoles". Be able to rank these different substances via strength of IMF both between type of IMF and the same IMF.
- Topic 3.2 Properties of Solids
- Topic 3.3 Solids, Liquids, and Gases
- Topic 3.5 Kinetic Molecular Theory
- Topic 3.6 Deviation from Ideal Gas Laws
- Topic 3.7 Solutions and Mixtures
- Topic 3.8 Representation of Solutions
- Topic 3.9 Separation of Solutions and Mixtures Chromatography
- Topic 3.11 Spectroscopy and Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Topic 3.12 Photoelectric Effect
- Topic 3.13 Beer-Lambert Law