ApchemWiki | RecentChanges | Preferences
No diff available--this is the first major revision.
(no other diffs)
1. Explain how you unknown Molarity would have changed if some of the measured known HCl did not actual go into the solution but instead fell onto the floor (for example).
2. Using the Particle view of matter (Kinetic Molecular Theory KMT), explain what is happening at the Equivalence point?
3. What physical property does the pH indicator have that makes it perfectly suited to allow to "see" the Equivalence point?
4. Using KMT, explain why the phrase, Equivalence point of the solution = Endpoint of the pH indicator, is used for these strong acid and strong base titrations.
5. Using this pH indicator does not work for all weak acid or weak base titration. Explain why.