1. Recognize Synthesis,Decomposition,Single Replacement,Double Replacement (including Neutralization), and Combustion given a chemical reaction ([5.2])
2. Explain the significance of the coefficients of a balanced chemical reaction (number of particles, moles, and volume)
3. Balance chemical equations (by applying the law of conservation of mass)([5.1](5.1))
4. Calculate stoichiometric problems.([5.5](5.5)):
(Two Mole Wheels and the bridge between them, Molar Ratio.) Remember, that Mole wheel has mass, volume, # of particles (and sometimes Molarity for Solutions).
5. Predicting Products of Single Replacement reactions and Double Replacement reactions. In addition, determine the net ionic reaction from a complete chemical reactions (single and double replacement rxns)[7.7] (NOT FOR CP/level 2)
Things needed to be memorized (not for CP/level 2)