ApchemWiki | RecentChanges | Preferences
Atomic Structure and Periodic Table: AP Book Sections
- Section 2.1 - 2.5, 2.7 - Some History of the Atom and Intro to Periodic Table
- Section 3.1 - Atomic Mass and the Mass Spectrometer (Mass Spec)
- Section 7.1 - 7.9 More History of Atom and Electron configuration
- Section 7.4 Bohr's equation of energy is AP Material
- Section 7.5-7.6 More detailed Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Numbers (AP Material)
- Section 7.9 Polyelectronic Atom and Radial Distribution Graphs (AP Material
- Section 7.10 to end of chapter Periodic Table
Overview of Atomic Theory and Periodic Table
Atomic Theory, 1st Year Chem Material
Atomic Structure, AP Material
Periodic Table, 1st Year Material
Periodic Table, AP Material
- The 1st year material does not include the following.
- Electron Affinity
- Higher Ionization Energy (and how it relates to charge on cation)
- You will need to go to your AP book to look these up.
- Pg125 #21
- Pg335 #24, 25, 29, 37, 47b, 59, 61, 65, 73, 75, 81&83a, 85, 87a&c, 93
- AP Questions will be here
[Website that talks about Electron Configuration and Ions For example Zinc loses 4s electrons not 3d electrons to form zinc ions]
1. Look at 1st year Periodic Table section, specially [1st year Periodic Table Section]
2. [Mr. Ferwarda Objective/Notes for Chapter in Zumdahl]. He has downloadable objectives and notes for each chapter in the Zumdahl. You need to be focusing on History of Periodic Table and Periodic Trend. There is one Periodic Trend that is not in Chapter 7, it is Electronegativity. That is in chapter on Chemical Bonding.
3. The major trend that we did not study in 1st year is Electron Affinity so make sure you spend more time on that trend.
Website for Powerpoint on AP Atomic Theory and Periodic Table